Our Vision & Impact
Creating Opportunities, Rebuilding Lives
Talent Beyond Boundaries envisions a world where refugees can rebuild their lives while contributing to the global economy.
Currently international law and conventions recognize three potential, durable solutions for the world’s 22.5 million refugees:
- voluntary return
- local integration
- third-country resettlement
This approach has not changed substantially since World War II.
We are the only group developing international skilled work opportunities with and for refugees, enabling them to move on skilled labor visas, as a solution to their protection needs.
Data from UNHCR - in combination with TBB’s own, more-detailed Talent Catalog - shows that there are vast numbers of talented refugees currently prohibited from working. Meanwhile, companies in countries around the globe are experiencing critical skill shortages that hinder their competitiveness and development.
By linking skilled refugees with countries and companies that need their skills, TBB is forging a new sustainable solution for refugees to rebuild their lives while boosting the global economy. Expanding labor mobility for refugees has the potential to improve the lives of tens of thousands of refugees and their families, and fundamentally alter future responses to refugee crises.
In collaboration with governments and partners around the world, TBB is identifying and overcoming the barriers that have kept refugees from rebuilding their lives and careers through international employment.
- Why We Exist
- Impact on Refugees, Employers and the Global Economy
- Call to Action: Complementary Pathways Nov 2018
Our Submissions to UNHCR
Our Submissions to Australian Government
- Enhancing labour mobility for refugees through Australia’s Migration Program
- Australia's Humanitarian Program
Our Submissions to Canadian Government
- A Skills-Based Solution: Opening Canada’s Economic Pathways to Refugees
- Une solution fondée sur les compétences : Ouvrir les voies économiques du Canada aux réfugiés